Jul 7, 2016

30's Dating: Geeks Unite! (And we date.)

I know it's been a long time since I've posted about dating in my 30's. It would have been sooner, but Twin was diagnosed with a rare eye condition called Uveitis, so it was flurry of doctor visits and trying to figure out what caused it. But her condition has improved immensely, and we think by the end of the year, she could no longer have it.

Anyways, I have somewhat exciting news. I have started dating again! Seriously, I am seeing someone right now! I don't remember exactly how we met, but it has been an exciting time. There was, however, one thing that definitely sold me in going out with him the first time - he was a geek, like me.

The one thing about dating a fellow geek that I found fascinating was that even if you don't see eye-to-eye on certain things, you may actually discover something you never knew you would enjoy. We have literally spent hours at the local ice cream shop just talking about everything, and will stay up late texting each other or talking on Facebook.

I don't want to say that it's scary, but it is. It is kind of scary to be dating again after being out of commission for so long. It's also a little exciting. It's new territory for me , but I'm willing to explore it.

I don't know where this is going to go, but for the moment, I am going to enjoy the ride.


1 comment:

  1. My Hubz is a geek! LOVE! You are right---Geek IS the new sexy :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.