Saturday, April 2, 2016

Play your favorite retro video games for FREE!



Video games have crossed into futuristic instead of the primitive games from yesteryear. The characters look realistic. Gameplay has gotten complicated with pressing 3 buttons at once while jumping up and down in place. Even with XBOX 360 Kinect, you ARE the character and can even ski without having to go to Aspen. But for those that don't have the newest console or have no desire to play overly violent games, we feel a little left out.

Super Mario Bros on Nesfun
For Super Mario Brothers fans, there is Nesfun. You can actually play ALMOST any NES game right on their website. I found games I remember playing when we had the console. It was like walking in a time warp! They have over a 100 games in alphabetical order.


Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on SSEGA
Another website is SSEGA. Does the name look familiar? It should! It is a website to play infamous Sega Genesis games. But they have much more than Sonic. I don't know if they have EVERY game that came out for the Genesis, but it comes pretty darn close. I played every game I remembering play on the console. Talk about hours of fun!

Asteroids (Atari 7800) on RetroUprising
If you are looking for a way to play games like Atari, Space Invaders, or any other forgotten games, RetroUprising has almost any game you are looking for, including user created games from other popular games like Sonic. If you want to play the full-version with save mode, you need to download their version of ArcadeOx. It is safe- we have it on our laptop. However, you can only play RetroUprising games on Firefox or Internet Explorer.

What is your favorite video game of all time? I still love Sonic!

5 comments:

  1. How fun, I was such a huge Atari fan wayyyyyyy back in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell my husband about these. He grew up playing lots of video games and loved them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!! I would LOVE to play some of these games again - especially Super Mario!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys would love to play Mario!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I haven't seen a Nintendo control like that in ages! I would love to get this just so I could go back in time. This is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.