Aug 12, 2015

I Don't Date Creeps


Dating - it should be classified as a sport. Those who aren't very athletic will find some sort of victory in dating, even if it's just counting the date as a success if no one spills anything. I certainly did. While I was excited at the idea of dating and perhaps finding that special someone to enjoy spending my time with, I knew I shouldn't have even attempted it in the beginning.

We all know dating takes time and the right amount of attention, but there's a fine line between flirting and just being creepy.

For example, I was in a local Facebook chatter group, just commenting on a post about the weather. This local guy messages me out of the blue and says, "You're so beautiful. Wanna go on a date?". Considering I've never talked to this person before, I calmly (while feeling a bit creeped out) told him that I was not interested, and blocked him. I didn't want to give me the chance to harass me in case he was upset that I declined his offer. It wasn't the first time I was creeped out by guys, but it was still unnerving.

Luckily, things started happening in my life that kept me from dating and to be honest, I didn't want to try dating after that. I know not all guys are like that, but when it comes to creepiness, it's definitely a turn-off and makes me thinking that maybe dating right now isn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.