Dec 12, 2014

Today I turn 30!


Today, Twin and I officially turn 30 years old. I am a little anxious about it.

Turning 30 is like having a big sign over your head saying, "What are you going to do now?". I spent most of this year not really sure what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to finally start dating, eventually enroll into college, and maybe start making plans for the next few years. But none of that really happened.

For the past few weeks, I wasn't sure if I wanted to say that I am 29-years-old and holding or embrace turning 30. Then the other night, it clicked - I want to embrace turning 30! It can be such a magical time for a woman. It's like this portal opens up and your suddenly aware of what you want out of life, and you finally have the courage to go after it.

I plan on making turning 30 the best ever! I will start dating, enroll in college, and start figuring out the woman I want to be as I go through life (though I already have an idea).

We don't have a lot planned for the day, actually. Just a quiet evening at home with my family, presents, and good food. That's a good birthday for me!

Maybe turning 30 isn't such a drag after all. At least I have Twin to share it with!


2 comments:

  1. Does your twin have the same goals as you do, or completely different?
    Happy Birthday - I haven't been 30 in 30 years.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi slehan!

    Right now, because of her anxiety, she does have different goals than I do. I'm not completely sure what her goals are (though I should probably ask!) but I do know that they are different from what I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Anything you would like to say?

Please be kind to others. Debates are okay, but do not attack anyone. Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.